Sunday, April 06, 2008

RIP Charlton Heston...1924-2008

He was Moses. He was Ben Hur. And now he's gone. Later in life he was president of the National Rifle Association, but I prefer to remember him as the consumate actor that he was. Ben Hur remains one of my all-time favorite movies. If you haven't seen it, rent the DVD, even with the widescreen panorama look that it has. The chariot race is worth the price of the rental alone. Rest in peace, my friend. You will NOT be forgotten.
Click on the title of this post for more on this unforgettable person. Thanks.

2 Comments:

At 4/06/2008 9:36 AM, Blogger Rooster said...

Peter, this kind of creeped me out. I just finished a post and hopped over to your site where I discovered the news about Charlton Heston - your first reference was to Moses, and I lead in my post with a reference to the ten commandments. Gave me a chill.

I also loved Charlton Heston - I saw Ben Hur on a HUGE screen at the Wang Center in Boston in the early 90's and Charlton Heston himself gave a short speech on stage to introduce the movie - and it had not been announced - total surprise to everyone. I'll never forget it.

 
At 4/06/2008 9:43 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

WOW Rooster. I'll never forget seeing Ben Hur on the BIG screen. And I mean huge....there was a "Cinerama" theater here in West Hartford with a wrap-around screen...look left, look right, IT WAS AMAZING. And then the movie. I'll never forget it. Ever. Thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home