Monday, March 19, 2007

A Comment Turns Into A Post..From Fellow Blogger Ian

Ian, from RANDOM THOUGHTS........a Connecticut-based blog written by a CONNECTICUT guy...and he can write, left me a great comment. And what does he write about?? Try this! The Boston Red Sox, the University of Connecticut....I could keep going. Everything is in his writing world. And hey, you can find his link on your right... his blog's name is RANDOM THOUGHTS. An everyday read! That I promise. Here you go........thanks Ian.......his comment first...

"While his numbers (Paps) were good, if he's falling behind in a lot of counts, he's going to be using up a lot of pitches. I'd rather see him have some more economical starts with those numbers considering the state of the bullpen right now."

And my reply.......

Ian, you (and I) would rather see him pitching in the ninth, to solidify a bullpen that right now has plenty of the 7th and 8th inning guys, all of whom are pitching BETTER than well. Paps at the back of the 'pen, in 2007, with Jon Lester ready to join the rotation (he will be) by May 1, would be ideal. I'm sure the Paps' move will not happen unless there is a teamwide emergency! And we'd like to avoid ANY type of emergency. So my feelings are torn, bit by bit......

"Slowwwwly I turn, bit by bit, step by step, inch by inch... NIAGRA FALLS!"

OOOPS...I went into the Three Stooges. Moe, Larry, Curley....and Shemp....

Hey, thanks for reading. And thanks, Ian. And my readers, don't forget to check out his blog. Random Thoughts...on your right, under my links. And for those of you who might think I spelled Jerome Howard's screen name, which was Curley, incorrectly...hey, that's how he spelled it! And he was so funny. Nyuck nyuck nyuck! Thanks BFW.....

8 Comments:

At 3/19/2007 11:40 AM, Blogger Bosox Fan in Wichita said...

I was part of the boomers that rediscovered the Stooges ... some of my appreciation for the early film comedians. Curly's name was sometimes spelled without the "e", but his real name was definitely spelled Jerome. The Stooges sure had a lot of classic comedy - I can remember tons of famous scenes and one-liners. Were they hilarious? Soitenly!

In Paps post-game interview, he said he was looking forward to his first real start in Texas. That means that Dice-K will pitch the 3rd game in KC. Oh boy, I gonna get tickets to that historic event!

 
At 3/19/2007 11:44 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

I had it wrong, but I remember them oh so well. I'm going to correct my idiocy. Why? As Moe would say, "GET BUSY!" And thank you, as always....

 
At 3/19/2007 11:49 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Thank you again. I'm rarely and often wrong.....a coincidence wrapped in a Three Stooges short. Do you remember the last, and speechless, Curley performance? Hint...a train, with a hat on his head....again, thank you! GET BUSY!!!

 
At 3/19/2007 12:21 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

And I just re-read my comment, and BFW...sometimes I make ME smile....but I love those Stooges! And your comments are the best.

 
At 3/19/2007 1:19 PM, Blogger Ian said...

Honestly, I think Lester will be ready by the end of spring training to rejoin the rotation. That being said, it will be interesting to see what the Red Sox end up doing.

 
At 3/19/2007 1:25 PM, Blogger Michael Leggett said...

& Jerome Howard's Name, is originally Jerome Horowitz, & from Brighton Beach in Brooklyn, NY.

 
At 3/19/2007 3:03 PM, Blogger Bosox Fan in Wichita said...

Peter - Curley was snoring under that hat on a train in his cameo in Hold That Lion. And he had hair! I'm sure he was "a victim of soicumstance". It was the only time all 4 stooges were in a film.
One of my favorite scene's is Curley's "fight" with the clam in his soup! "Oh, wise guy, huh?"
Also, his correct legal full name was Jerome Lester Horwitz.

 
At 3/20/2007 6:41 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

And BFW, that was Curley AFTER his stroke!
And ian, I think so too, but I still think he'll start at AAA. Unless.......

 

Post a Comment

<< Home